Friday, November 04, 2005

Dr. Personius to the Rescue

So, OK, six weeks on and my back is still a problem. That's enough. I finally took a friend's advice and went to visit a physical therapist, Dr. Personius. He spent two hours with me today and gave me a couple important things:
  1. Some physical therapy
  2. Some exercises to help strengthen my back
  3. Advice to quit my job, since the stress is apparently causing my back pain
The first two were much appreciated; the third just stresses me out even more!

But it's a good start. I'm starting to get out and walk again -- time is my enemy now, so I need to gain a relatively decent amount of fitness even if it's a little uncomfortable right now.

Ten weeks to go, and mere walking is a heroic achievement these days. Aye carumba. Dr. Personius, work your dark magic on me!

No comments: