Friday, March 25, 2005

The Eye of the Storm

Not much going on related to our Africa trip these days, but I felt like I should check in so anyone listening in didn't think I had bailed on the blog. Our trip is locked in -- I guess I should post the details of the itinerary here, shouldn't I? -- and we're planning on acquiring some plane tickets one of these days/weeks/months. More than anything now, it's just a waiting game for us.

...But to keep things interesting in the interim, I'm going to travel with Mrs. Lt. Dan to Peru in April for a belated honeymoon vacation. I guess you could say we're going to do the Machu Picchu trip that the Flying Yanks were once considering. I'll update the blog on the results of that trip, too.

For those of you reading this blog from the beginning, I should also report that my surgery went as well as can be, and I'm on the road to recovery. The tissue growth was a mucoepidermoid carcinoma, which was fortunately a benign chunk o' cancer. The resulting tests have shown that Dr. Dierks cut out the whole mess, and there's a good chance I'll never have to worry about that again.

Signing out for now,
Lt. Dan

No comments: